What We Do - Education Business Partnership
Together It’s Working, Here To Help You
What is the EBP?
The purpose of Portsmouth EBP is to help prepare the young people for their futures in the world of work either by bringing business to classroom or finding opportunities for students to gain valuable insight into real-life working environment.
With the Award for Education Business Excellence, a national Mentoring and Befriending Quality Award and recognition from the University of Warwick’s Centre for Education and Industry’s for National Standards for Work Experience, EBP is one of the leading organisations of its kind in the UK.
How can we help?
- Provide support in all aspects of the curriculum
- Generate links with employers who will inspire students
- Support career and PSHE programmes
- Increase student motivation to learn
- Give insight to aid understanding of the world of work
- Organise work experience placements and industry visits
- Create activities for the full 9 elements of KS4 work related learning and economic wellbeing framework including:
Area wide ‘Business Challenges’ Career insight events such as ‘Working Lunches’ and Step into Days. Enterprise days in School Skill Fairs
Why use us?
Working with every secondary school in its area, Portsmouth EBP provides over 18.000 opportunities each year for young people to engage with the world of work.
As well as having enviable contacts throughout the local business community, we are part of a consortium of Business Link Providers, The Partnership Netowrk and a network of EBPs across the country through which we can help to broker a wide range of business support for your school.
The EBP is a ‘social enterprise’, a not for profit company. All our income and funding goes towards providing high quality services for the community.